Friday, January 14, 2011

A State of Mind

John Lefler, looking pretty
sober!
Bands and musicians are kind of a big deal. They pretty much just rule the world with their talent. And really, I mean, holy talent! I went to a Dashboard Confessional concert this week and had a very sad epiphany of my lacking musical talent! The first opening band was this one man band whose name was John Lefler (he is fabulous, go look him up right now!), he got on stage with his cup of... ahem, "water" and drunkenly ran around stage making hilarious comments before picking up his guitar and later going to the keyboard. I expected sheer chaos when he started playing, and though he forgot his words more than twice, he was amazing! This makes me ask myself, if a completely trashed man can get on stage and play beautiful music, why can't I while I'm completely sober? Maybe I should just get drunk and then try taking up a few instruments!
P.O.Glitt
Copyright Candace 

Now speaking of fabulous bands, Puddle of Glitter? Totally legit. It's this all girl boy band that I'm a member of, and we are totally awesome! Then again, when we all get together and start playing and singing, people probably think we are drunk, so could that maybe produce the same reaction as a glass of vodka? Who even knows. I think I'll stick to just being sober, but to all those bands who can just be crazy drunk and play so great, I've discovered your secret. It's all in the state of mind. I just don't need to be intoxicated to be as awesome as all of those famous people! Booze, smooze, I'll be famous AND sober!

1 comment:

  1. Um why am I not surprised that you would be a member of a band called Puddle of Glitter? But I have to admit that it's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete